The city centre of Cannes will host the international air race competition for the first time in France during the weekend of 20, 21 and 22 April.
What you need to know
As stated by the authorities on the official website of the Cannes town hall (the ultimate authority), the city centre of Cannes will be divided into three zones:
- City centre – the green zone on the map – will be normally accessible but with major controls (the authorities may ask you about your destination and restrict access)
- Yellow zone (Northbound lane of La Croisette) will be accessible only to badge holders and closed to all vehicule from 7.30 a.m to 9 p.m
- Red zone, the venue for the event, will be totally closed off to vehicle traffic and will be accessible only to pedestrians accredited by the organisers.
Cliquez ici pour retrouver tous nos parkings à Cannes.
Consultez l.es informations officielles sur le site de la MAirie de Cannes.
Four tips to come to Cannes and park your car stress-free
All our car parks will be open and accessible throughout the weekend. We have planned for a stronger presence and our Cannes staff will be happy to help and guide you during the three days. However, the city is expecting at least 60,000 visitors and driving will certainly be difficult in the city centre. Plan your journey in advance and make the most of this exceptional event by following the advice below.
1. Book your parking spot in advance!
We can accordingly plan ahead for traffic and make sure we have enough spaces for you: don’t waste time looking for a spot in the city centre; go straight to your destination! Click here to book a parking spot in Cannes.
2. Print your booking confirmation
With your booking to hand, you will save the authorities time by showing your destination, will get there faster and will help keep traffic fluid at checkpoints. If you haven’t received your confirmation e-mail, call our customer service centre on 09.70.140.111 (local call rates apply) or e-mail us at email@example.com.
3. Think about park-and-ride facilities: the shuttle is free*!
*For spectators with Red Bull Air Race tickets.
Red Bull and Interparking will be providing three park-and-ride facilities outside the city centre in Coubertin, Bastide and Thalès located close to the Cannes Mandelieu aerodrome. Shuttles will operate from 7 a.m. till 9.20 p.m. and will be free to spectators presenting their Red Bull Air Race Cannes 2018 ticket on the day. Shuttles will drop you off at the Laubeuf stop.
4. Plan your journey
Remember that access to the city centre will be more difficult than usual, there’s no doubt about that! The authorities, city of Cannes, the organisers and all the other stakeholders will do their utmost to guarantee an exceptional weekend with maximum security. Remember to factor in more time for your journey. A lot of people are expected!
Everyone at Interparking wishes you an absolutely great weekend.